Paste your Google Webmaster Tools verification code here


You will find below answers to Frequently Asked Questions. They are divided into 4 sections : Internships, Training, Lodging and Other.


Why do we have to follow the courses in order to have the possibility to go to intership?
First because the law in France oblige the students to do a course in the same field before the internship, second because we need to know the student to affect him or her in the right place corresponding to his or her skills and for this we do a meeting with all the teachers after one month course, and third we give the students intensive French lessons so that they can communicate correctly during the internship and this is essential to have a good benefit of the internship!

How internships are conducted?
The school provide the internship for all the students and we place their in high level Hotel- Restaurant or Restaurant all over France. During the internship the Hotel restaurant will provide you the lodging, the food (3 meals) and will give you 554 Euros per month, so you don’t need to search an accommodation for this period ! You will work around 10 hours per day (impossible to give you the schedule because it is different in each Hotel) , you will have two days off per week and you will have basic tasks at the beginning and with an evolution after some time, this will depend of your motivation and investment in work !
Internship is not holidays and it is rather hard at the beginning but it is an exceptional practical experience and also it will be a amazing reference on your CV !

I’m not sure about my level in French and want to go to internship?
The first day of school all the students are doing a French test so that we can affect each one in the right class, then our teachers will be able to tell you if you don’t need any French lessons or if it is better to do one month and then to switch to the second practical subject, so don’t worry we will check this with you at your arrival!


I don’t know what level of program should I choose?
Please send us your resume then I will be able to tell you if you have to follow the beginner, advanced or professional.

What is the gourmet program?
You have all the informations for this program on our Website :
Cooking Programs & Pastry Programs

Wich Clothes do you required to participle to the hands-on classes?
The full uniform is compulsory. The professional trousers because they are done in a non flammable fabric and the security shoes are made in a special plastic to protect from boiling water and also has a special part of metal on the front of the shoe to protect the toes if something heavy fall on your feet.
If you don’t find them in your country you can buy them by us for 40 Euros for the shoes and 1 trouser for 40 Euros too.

I am a beginner, what is the best option for me?
We have 3 beginners intakes per year :
– September
– January
– April
Then, the choice of taking 1 month, 2 months, 3 months or more depends on your project. Do you want to become a profesionnal cook or just a very good homecook?
Write us an email and we’ll help you choose the best option.

Can you explain me the differences between “beginners”, “intermediate” and  “advanced”?
Our organisation is based on 3 months programs, the first month is the most easy technically so more adapted for beginners or non professionals, the second one is a little bit more technic and the third one still more technic, it means that there is a progression in the technical side each month, so for you who has experience in the field I suggest to do the last month more adapted for professionals.


Are the certificates and diplomas that you provide recognized all over the world?
After the one year program you will get a Diploma in the field where you have done the internship + a Certificate in the other practical subject and also a Certificate for the French lessons as well as a Certificate of Internship explaining where you have done it and in which department and how long.
We are registered at the ministry of labor.


What about the lodging facilities?
The lodging is organised for our students in a Residence nearby the school ( a direct bus bring you to the Campus) and it cost 380 euros for one month in a nice apartment for two persons with an individual bedroom for each, TV, fully equiped kitchen and a nice terrace to eat outside, at that time of the year the heated swimming pool will be open from beginning of April till end of October and free of charges for our students !
Check our information on Lodging.

How can we get to the school?
You can take the bus from the residence to the school, it takes only 10 minutes and 12 Euros per month.

Can I come with my husband/wife even if he/she doesn’t take classes?
No problem for the lodging if you come with your husband, in that case you just need to take an individual studio (520 Euros per month) or an individual apartment with one bedroom (620 Euros per month) or an individual apartment with two bedrooms (760 Euros per month).
During the internship the Hotel-restaurant will not accommodate your husband and then you will have to find a lodging by yourself if you want that your husband follow you during the internship!

Information about the lodging
The student are accommodated by 2 persons in nice apartments with two bedrooms ( one for each student) a living room, a fully equiped kitchen, TV, a nice terrace to eat outside when the weather is good, separate toilets from the bathroom, etc.. You can find all information about Lodging here.
We have students with many different ages in the school from 18 years old to smetimes over 60 and we select the roommates by age because i think that it is more easy to share a room with a person around our age!

What is the apartment supplied with? Television? Fridge? Heating system? And will I need to pay electricity bills and gas bills?
The appartement is fully equiped so you don’t need to bring any thing except the bath towels. there is a TV in the apartment and the electricity and water are included in the rental, there is no gas in the lodging!


What will be the duration for the validity of the visa? Is there a week or two after the program is done that I can stay on in France / EU?
If you apply for a 7 month program the French Ambassy or Consultate will normally give you a visa for one year or 7 months. With this visa you will be able to travel only in the European Countries who signed the Shengen Agreements.

How to apply a visa ?
You can see all the information on our webpage:
You can also download this document : Visa-procedure-gastronomicom-Eng

 Can you explain me the life at the school?
The best thing you have to do to see how life is going in gastronomicom institute is to look at the blog of a former student here.

How can we come to AGDE?
The best way to arrive in our school is to take a flight to Charles de Gaulle airport in Paris and from there, inside the airport you have a direct TGV train going to Perpignan and which stop in Agde where we can pick you up (for the September, January and April intakes) !! This is the most easiest way and also cheapest to arrive to Agde !!

Can you give information about you school in Miami?
Thank you for your interest for our new school in Miami.
The school will open in April 2016 and will be located in Coral Gables, 2151 LeJeune Road.
You’ll have plenty of information in the website of our Culinary School in Miami
We will do the same level in Miami !!

You want to enroll or you still have unanswered questions ? Check our Enrolment and Contact Forms !