Paste your Google Webmaster Tools verification code here

Visa procedures, certificates and diplomas




If you are citizen of EU, EEE or Switzerland. No matter the length of the program you choose at Gastronomicom.


THE SHORT STAY VISA type “C “(less than 90 days)

If you are not citizen of EU, EEE or Switzerland and depending on your nationality, you may need obtain a visa to study in France even if your stay is less than 3 months. Note that nationals from certain non-European countries are not required to have a visa if their stay does not exceed 90 days in 6 months (for example: Australia, Brazil, Canada, Hong Kong, Japan, Mexico, Taiwan, USA…). For more information on this subject:


THE LONG STAY STUDENT VISA type “D” (more than 90 days)

If you are not citizen of EU, EEE or Switzerland, you must request a student long stay visa to study and do an internship in France for more than 3 months. These visa allow you to remain in France for one year without needing to request a residency permit. You will still have to have your visa approved on arrival. Make sure to apply for a long LONG STAY STUDENT VISA type “D”.




(non-exhaustive list)
SHORT.STAY (Less than 90 days) LONG.STAY (More than 90 days)
Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Croatia, Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Swiss, United Kingdom
Albania, Andorra, Antigua, Argentina, Australia, Bahamas, Barbados, Barbuda, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brazil, Brunei Darussalam, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Croatia, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Hong Kong, Israel, Japan, Macau, Malaysia, Mauritius, Mexico, Monaco, Montenegro, Nicaragua, New Zealand, Panama, Paraguay, South Korea, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint-Martin, Saint Siège, Serbia, Seychelles, Seychelles, Singapore, Taiwan, Uruguay, USA, VenezuelaNO VISA NEEDEDVISA NEEDED

These informations may change please check with your Embassy.


How to apply?

After the payment of the enrolment fees + 40% of the tuition fees GASTRONOMICOM will provide you the 4 letters necessary to apply for the student visa at the French Embassy.

First you will have to register to Campus France doing the first interview for the Embassy or Consulate. This procedure takes around 2 months. They will check your level of English (because the lessons are conducted in English in our school), your goal, why you want to come to study in France and your financial possibility to stay in France. If all this is ok then you will get the visa without any problem. A strong motivation in Gastronomy is important for them as well as for us!

On the letters GASTRONOMICOM will provide you to get it, we explain that our classes are conducted in English and that you will have French lessons nearby so they will not test your French but your English to be sure that you can follow the lessons! So don’t worry about this point! Most of our students are beginner in French when they arrive!


The file:

Your application must include all documents required to be studied. The documentation requirements often vary from one country to another; there is no predefined and international list. You can usually download the list from the embassy or consulate website. You will also be required to pay for the administration costs. It is important to know that a file with missing documents will be systematically rejected. So remember to provide all the documents requested.

For long-term visas, waiting times vary from one country to another. It is therefore essential to make the application at least 2 months before the departure date to anticipate delays and other problems you may encounter.

Once your application is accepted, a sticker will be placed in your passport to prove possession of a visa. In case of refusal, you can challenge the decision (refusal of visa) to the Board of appeal, but you must also present a new visa application: Commission des Recours contre les décisions de Refus de visa BP 83609 44036 Nantes Cedex 01


Once in France:

Once you have arrived in France, you will have to give to school the form titled “demande d’attestation OFII” (submitted to you along with the visa). Then, the Direction Territoriale de l’OFII will contact the school in order to schedule an appointment for “validate your visa”.


GASTRONOMICOM will accompany you every step of the way.

We strongly recommend that you contact Campus France for additional information:

Download our “Visa procedure” document.


Certificates and diplomas

For short programs Gastronomicom provide:

A French Language Certificate


Depending on the field of practice chosenFrench Language Certificate a French Gastronomic Pastry Certificate or a French Gastronomic Cooking Certificate or

For Long Programs with Internship we provide:
A French Language Certificate


Depending on the field of practice chosen:

A French Gastronomic Pastry Diploma or

A French Gastronomic Cooking Diploma or


French Gastronomic Cooking Certificate
An Internship Certificate will be delivered specifying the Name and location of the Establishment, the field in which the Internship has been done along with the dates of the training period.



On 19 July 2017 Gastronomicom obtained the certification of its diplomas « Cooking chef in gastronomy » and « Pastry chef in gastronomy ». 
The Gastronomicom’s file was examined on 19 May 2017 by the French National Commission for Professional Certification which issued a favorable opinion for a period of 3 years. It was published in the « Journal Officiel » on 19 July 2017. This certification rewards our cooking and pastry courses. After the move of our school in 2014 in a completely renovated building of 800 m2 and the opening of a second school in Miami in September 2016, this is another step in the development of Gastronomicom.

Our School holds an Official Registration delivered by the Ministry of Labour and the Continuing Education Department.